What's in this blog? Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids

"Mankind is terrified of silence, is uncomfortable in the quiet, is this the reason they need so much going on around them that is noisy? "

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Can You Speak Louder Please?

I spent several days with two of my brothers, a cousin and some friends fishing in the Ozarks in Arkansas last week. Several times, one of the guys would tell me, "Your speaking too softly, speak up!" I realized that I was talking at a normal volume and the hearing aids were working great. I had to concentrate to speak loud enough to have a conversation.

The hearing aid volume did change several times in the boat and outside in the wind as noise level changed. I heard birds, frogs and other critters than I never heard on my previous trips. I also heard the fly line going through the rod guides when I made a cast. Interesting.

I suspect I will not be the only brother in my family wearing hearing aids in few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment