What's in this blog? Hearing Loss and Hearing Aids

"Mankind is terrified of silence, is uncomfortable in the quiet, is this the reason they need so much going on around them that is noisy? "

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quiet Spaces and beautiful voices

I went to a ritual practice last night at the Round Rock Masonic Temple. The main lodge room is a large room with wall to wall carpeting, acoustical tiles and upholstered furniture. With only five of us there it was a very quiet room. In fact the quietest room I have been in since I got my HA's. I really got the chance to LISTEN. I thought I knew the voices of my friends quite well. Their deep male voices they sounded richer and fuller. Masonic ritual includes several long lectures and ritual dialogs. The spoken word can be beautiful to listen to and savor if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment